Thursday, September 3, 2009

Stating my intentions

I have a blog already. It is more of an online journal really and as such it is a glimpse into my mind. Full of snippets, topics, unfinished thoughts, amusing anecdotes and more. So why am I starting another one?

Well, as I spend more time communicating with homeschooling parents I am fast coming to the realisation that too many are starting their journey IN THE WRONG PLACE.

Too many are starting with investigating curriculum, researching approaches and swapping organisational techniques. All of these are good things, but they are not the places to start.

We need to start with three little questions. WHAT? WHY? HOW?


WHAT are you trying to teach?

WHY are you trying to teach it?

HOW are you going to teach it?


If you get the what and the why sorted out, the how will largely be taken care of.

So on this Blog I will be asking people to share their answers to those questions. I will also share some of my answers and I will share snippets of my own journey with my children, but me sharing me is not the primary purpose of this Blog. I want to inspire you to ask yourself every day:

What am I teaching?

Why am I teaching it?

How am I going about teaching it?

No comments:

Post a Comment